Sunday, May 3, 2015

Nephi Doesn't Mention the Human Sacrifice

Today I read 1 Nephi 13 and I was a little surprised that while Nephi makes mention of the fact that the Gentiles come and make war on his brother's people, he does not mention the decadent state of his people.  I mean, these people have fallen into human sacrifice, a practice so vile I consider it as appalling as rape, perhaps more so, and yet Nephi make no mention of it at all.  I find it just a little bit interesting honestly.   I know Nephi makes a statement at the end of chapter 12 and that is all he says about it and perhaps he is just too preoccupied about with all he is seeing in regards to everything else, which I have to admit is pretty awesome and I would be preoccupied with too so I can't really blame him for being distracted by it.  Just an interesting side note that Nephi didn't mention something he surely found so repulsive.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment